We receive a lot of zombie products for review. Many of them are just so-so, but every so often our trusty postal carrier delivers one so cool that we can’t wait to share our initial thoughts with all of you. That very scenario played out today when we received our copy of Book of the Dead: The Complete History of Zombie Cinema by Jamie Russell straight from the publisher. We’ll be doing a full review in the near future, but here are our initial thoughts:
- Substantial Amount of Information Packed in 376 pages
- Suggested Retail Price of $24.95 is Much Cheaper Than We Anticipated. (Given the size we’d normally expect a $30-$40 price tag.)
- Seems like a good balance of background information on the zombie film genre and zombie movie listings
- Approximately 137 pages of zombie film listings and summaries alone!
- Short, concise reviews and summaries.
- Covers zombie films from blockbuster major motion pictures to the obscure and horribly bad Z movies.
- Over 300 new zombie movies are listed in this updated volume.
This hit our desk and when we saw the size we couldn’t help but flip through it quickly and snap some photos. Our initial impression of Book of the Dead is this is a high quality zombie movie encyclopedia worthy of a spot on any zombie lover’s bookshelf. Look for a full detailed review here on our blog in the very near future.
Buy Your Own Copy Today!